The purpose of the SEAS Pastoral Council is:
- to advise and make recommendations to the pastor about the spiritual well-being of the parish.
- to provide appropriate resources and methods to serve the people of the parish as they engage in the mission of the Church.
- to encourage members of the parish to utilize their own gifts and talents for the service of the community, aspiring most to transmit our faith tradition to the next generation.
- to invite all cultures in the Catholic community to collaborate in addressing issues and developing initiatives that affect the whole Church, including people with special pastoral needs.
- to share with the Universal Church in its mission to proclaim the message of God’s love, of Christ’s work, of the Reign of God which “is at hand” (Mk 1:15).
The Council is composed of the Pastor and five members of the parish who strive to represent varied aspects of the parish life so that faith needs are met.
Trusting in the power of the Holy Spirit, council members set aside their individual opinions and listen to one another and to other parishioners in order to set the direction for the parish community, challenging the parish to grow in response to the gospel.
Pastoral Council Members:
Father J. Scott Duarte, J.C.D.
Greg Davis, Chairman
Pastoral Council Meetings:
The Pastoral Council meets the third Monday of each month at 6:30 PM in the SEAS Conference Room.